Sunday, May 4, 2008

xkl rocks

ok, so i've been kinda busy the last few weeks, but i finally got some time this weekend to try and catch up. i have to take a minute to share with you about what i was busy with. this year in knoxville, i've been responsible for the kids program. so as not to be confused with the program at dollywood, ours was called Xtreme Kidz Live. it took place on saturday morning april 26th. 6200 kids attended and it was if i can say so myself "awesome"!! i had the privilege of working with an awesome group of individuals in the kids committee and in the awesome special guests we selected. each committee member was responsible for a particular aspect of the event and each one took his or her role and was expert at it! karyn headed the choir and praise team, sondra took on hospitality of the special guests, jean oversaw prayer, melissa was responsible for the flag team and chris was the arrangements man. jim was the mastermind that recruited them all. they each did an awesome job.
our special guests were chaos on wheels (i just love josh, one of the riders, what a heart for Jesus and what a sweet spirit!!), little tommy (what a joy to work with) and God rocks! they were electric and the audience enjoyed an awesome program. there were songs and motions from the choir, bikes whizzing across the floor, God rocks on the stage and tommy telling jokes. the kids of east tennessee enjoyed an action filled morning. then tommy settled in to share with the children what was the most "extreme gift" they could ever receive and what they needed to do in order to get it. 188 kids came forward to accept the gift. it may not have been the number that everyone anticipated, but for me, it was climatic of my tenure with bgea. in all my 12 years with the ministry, i have never been in a role that allowed me to see the "fruit" of my labor so clearly. it was a moment that i will not forget for all my life. to make the moment even more special, it was shared with my mom helen and my daughter sandrine. i feel very blessed!
additionally, i maintained my normal crusade responsibilities in caring for accessiblities, deaf/hard of hearing. languages (spanish), prayer, and love in action. our love in action project this city was hygiene packs for homeless men and women. we collected well over 800 packets and KARM (knoxville area rescue mission) will be responsible for distribution. what the Lord has in store next for me, i know not, but for sure, Hattie's House awaits!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there - I know it was awesome! Do not worry about the future (easier said than done!) - it seems like we are all in the same boat. Just waiting on God to show up & show out - it's scary and some days I feel excited but today I feel anxious, nervous and unsure. I think I will run away to Hattie's House now!