Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Riding the Waves

Okay, the trouble with being older is it takes a while to figure these things out, but not to worry, I've gotten the hang of it!

I just wanted to say...you just never know! You just never know what God has in store for your life! I've never really been one for big surprise, so the fact that someone else has control of my ultimate destiny hasn't been my favorite cup of tea, but the fact that God has me in the palm of my hand and even though I have no clue what surprise is around the corner, He knows! He knows and He sets me up! I just imagine that He's up there looking down at me and poking Jesus with his elbow saying, "Jesus check this out, look what I've got in store for Wanda!"

There have been a few surprises around every corner these last few days and I really can't say why, what I can say, is the Big Guy has got my back, He knows what's up, He has a purpose in everything and I am not going to question His plan. Today, I'm gonna just ride the wave!! It's taken a long time for me to get the place of being able to just hang on the board and ride in out but, take it from me, it's the best way. Sometimes our nature wants to try another approach or swim back out and see if we can get a better grip or wait for a bigger wave, but the truth is, once we learn to ride what's coming at us, He can teach us all the tricks we need to know in order for it to be the best ride we've ever taken. Ain't that something!!

God is good and if we give Him control, there is more fun in store than you ever bargained for!

1 comment:

Sandrine - The Great Adventurer said...

Mumsie, you are absolutely right. How can we fret when the Creator of the Waves is controlling the Waves and our boat! Good words!